Justice dept. Argues That Voters Should Have No Legal Recourse in Disputes Over Voting. Meanwhile, a new study reveals a pervasive, anti-Democratic pattern in Justice Department actions : "The Ashcroft Justice Dept. Has thrown it's Weight Behind Rules That Will Stop Many New Voters From Having Their Ballots Counted and Discourage many Qualified Voters from Going To The Polls". From The Institute For Southern Studies Also : Does Throwing Out Incomplete Registrations [ in Florida ] Violate Election Law? (web based, not pdf )
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Troutfishing
- Mark Weisbrot , writing at Aljazeera is of the opinion that the public discussion of the TPP has been much more robust than discussion of NAFTA had ever been. And that ...119 comments 235 Recs
- I guess the North Carolina Board of Governors educational planning committee for the University educational system didn't think these programs were important to our ...173 comments 142 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...54 comments 245 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.232 comments 148 Recs
- or liberty, or the flag. I didn't serve for the reasons people think of when they tell me, "Thanks for your service." I knew that this war was not about any of that stuff. I served for 365 days ...179 comments 324 Recs
- "Seldom in the course of human history have so many sacrificed so dearly to achieve so little." That was a quote within a post, I dared to write (and was dared to write) -- some 2 months ago: Was ...61 comments 19 Recs
- There's been some notable discontent among progressives who look to Paul Krugman for his refreshing honesty on a number of topics and his willingness to state plainly when emperors are ...289 comments 204 Recs
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...434 comments 604 Recs
- As a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico, I have been protesting the horrific level of police violence in my city for years. A lot of people refuse to believe us since the police department, city ...59 comments 324 Recs
- (image courtesy of SwitchYourBank.org) Late-night breaking from Bloomberg : UBS Group AG said its main unit will plead guilty to fraud in the U.S. for manipulating benchmark interest rates ...172 comments 299 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.