Justice dept. Argues That Voters Should Have No Legal Recourse in Disputes Over Voting. Meanwhile, a new study reveals a pervasive, anti-Democratic pattern in Justice Department actions : "The Ashcroft Justice Dept. Has thrown it's Weight Behind Rules That Will Stop Many New Voters From Having Their Ballots Counted and Discourage many Qualified Voters from Going To The Polls". From The Institute For Southern Studies Also : Does Throwing Out Incomplete Registrations [ in Florida ] Violate Election Law? (web based, not pdf )
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Troutfishing
- I'm so outraged as I'm writing this that I'm going to have to be extra careful about typos, etc. Republicans in Congress have passed a bill that would make it perfectly legal for your boss to fire ...77 comments 179 Recs
- Kevin Drum may be undergoing some intense medical treatment, but a Washington Post article made his day. Freddie Gray’s life a study in the sad effects of lead paint on poor ...1 comments 10 Recs
- Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:325 comments 414 Recs
- Republican state Sen. Ray Scott congratulated public health officials on the award before voting to defund the program. Colorado ...150 comments 241 Recs
- Jeb Bush ...125 comments 154 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...128 comments 254 Recs
- Today, in the papers, it was announced that the US has sent 300 military "advisers" to Ukraine to train their army. That measure seems for all the world like it is a safe choice for President Obama --148 comments 47 Recs
- Mother Jones magazine reported that police actions triggered the riot.112 comments 334 Recs
- More excellent coverage from the Baltimore SUN, sticking a thumb in the eye of the F--- Rep----c website and its vicious rumors. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gray-settlement-...52 comments 92 Recs
- The Washington Post has published a report based on a leaked document . We don't know who leaked it to them. In it, a prisoner who was placed in the police van some time after Freddie Gray was ...77 comments 93 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.